“Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life.” — Oprah Winfrey
“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” — Tony Robbins
It’s too easy to accept other people’s generosity without reciprocating the kindness. As we gear up for the largest giving season of the year, we talk through the 25 ways to thank your donors so they keep coming back, including:
1. Say Thank You.
2. Share why you appreciate them.
3. Do something small, but thoughtful.
4. Give a hug.
5. Demonstrate that they have your full attention by shutting down the distractions.
6. Offer to be there if they ever need someone to run ideas by.
7. Care about what they care about.
8. Encourage them in an area that they’ve mentioned – travel, writing, speaking, teaching, etc.
9. Offer to do something that you know they don’t like to do.
10. Give compliments about their skills and talents.
11. Look them in the eyes and say, “You make the world a better place.”
13. Think of something that you admire about them and share that with them.
14. If you did something because they encouraged you, tell them what happened and thank them for it.
15. Dedicate a blog or email post to them because of something they taught you.
16. Introduce them to someone you think could help them achieve their personal or professional goals.
18. Send a special note of appreciation.
19. Buy them a coffee or drop by with donuts.
20. Start on time, end on time – Value you their time.
21. Ask them about their lives.
22. Send flowers.
23. Tell their boss what a great job they are doing for you.
24. If someone thanks you, show appreciation by receiving it.
25. Acknowledge your accomplishments and don’t forget to show appreciation to yourself.
For more information about Mary Valloni, visit http://maryvalloni.com and to join our fundraising community on Facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/groups/fundraisingfreedomtribe/