The Winter Olympics are in full swing in Pyeongchang, South Korea bringing together the best athletes from around the world. As the media interviews these athletes, we continue to see patterns of how each of them made it to the big stage and how each of us can learn from them.
Here are the 8 things every nonprofit leader can learn from the athletes of these Winter Games.
1. Olympians expect obstacles and embrace them when they come.
2. Olympians put their lives on the line.
3. Olympians know Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.
4. Olympians have accountability
5. Olympians are teachable.
6. Olympians know that good is not good enough.
7. Olympians are consistent and are creatures of habit.
8. Olympians compartmentalize their emotions.
For more information about Mary Valloni Consulting, visit http://maryvalloni.com and join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/fundraisingfreedomtribe/