Your Zone of Genius is the intersection of your interests, passions and skills and ultimately result in your superpower or your zone of genius. On today’s show we tackle the 7 questions to ask yourself to harness your zone of genius. To start let’s review the four main operating zones as described in Gay Hendricks book, The Big Leap – https://amzn.to/2TBLYFw .
- Zone of Incompetence – Working in an area that you don’t understand and have no skills (fundraising, event planning, etc.)
- Zone of Competence – An area that your efficient in, but so are others (thank you cards, mailings, emails, social media, organizing calls, travel, etc.)
- Zone of Excellence – the area where you are very skilled. You’ve worked in this space and have mastered your craft.
- Zone of Genius – The area where you shine and is most effortless. This is the area that you feel especially gifted in. Others don’t pick up on it as easy as you do. You gain energy and inspiration from doing this work.
Here are the 7 questions to ask yourself to harness your zone of genius…
- Are you willing to set aside 10 minutes a day to cultivate your zone of genius? (journaling, prayer, meditation, vision board, affirmations, etc.)
- Why do you do the work you do?
- What part of your job doesn’t seem like work?
- What part of your work makes you feel really good?
- What is your unique ability?
- What comes most naturally to you?
- What would it look like to way up everyday and work in your zone of genius?
After you’ve identified how to harness your zone of genius here are the three action steps you should take with your results.
- DELEGATE (to a human/automate to a system)
What will you do, delegate and dump?
For more information about Mary Valloni, visit maryvalloni.com, to download our free roadmap, go to maryvalloni.com/roadmap and to join THE Club for nonprofit executives, visit nonprofitexecutiveclub.com.